Unexpectedly Good K-Dramas

July 08, 2020


Unexpectedly Good K-Dramas


Some dramas I have started as they were starring my favorite actors/actress, some I started to interesting storyline and some from recommendations list and even based on drama posters. On the other side a handful dramas I started watching without any specific reason to pin point on but ended up really loving them!

This is a dedication for those dramas I started unexpectedly with no idea on plotline or familiar cast but were unexpectedly drama gems.

Click on drama names for more information

[All Link Credit To MyDramaList]


Protect The Boss


One of those first dramas I had picked up during the initial years of my arrival in K-drama world, a very few actors were familiar for me then. Both of the dramas had a very different 1st episode from what I had been watching till now, the characters and story felt loud and messy initially, but by second episode I started enjoying it a lot!

The dramas had a unique plotline and the chemistry between the leads were undeniable. From unknown cast they became my most favorite characters in drama world and the top dramas I still recommend to my other friends.


Girls’ Generation 1979


I was going through the ongoing drama lists in 2017 (during a drama slump time) and suddenly these two names caught my eye, Save Me had already aired halfway through then, and Girls’ Generation 1979 had just started.

 Immediately I started watching Save Me (though I had no idea what I was getting into) and from next day I picked up the other too. Binge watching the entire two shows with the most different storylines ended my drama slump and me becoming fan of Woo Do Hwan.

Girls’ Generation became a top favorite and Save Me entered my thriller list.

Check out other thriller favorites of mine. 

https://cherryable8.blogspot.com/2020/01/thriller-mystery-special.html ]

Vampire Prosecutor


Truthfully I tend to avoid Law/Court/Prosecutor related themes; I start them all right but tend to leave them halfway. These two were the only dramas I successfully ended mostly because I had loved the characters.

Maybe the supernatural factor in Vampire Prosecutor and the unexpectedly refreshing female lead’s character and good chemistry between the leads in Witch’s Court lead them to be great dramas I came upon unexpectedly.


High School King Of Savvy


In case of these two dramas I at least knew who were starring in them and got curious let’s say. But the leads took a back seat and the plotline was the one that made me keep watching the shows! I will admit Lee Soo Hyuk was a great factor in making me keep watching the show while The Package was the first drama I had come across based on travel. With interesting plotline and characters two more dramas became unexpectedly my favorites.


Now as I am aware of quite a few actors or read articles about upcoming dramas or have favorite channels whose shows I mostly enjoy, chances of finding drama unexpectedly has become less. But nonetheless to those drama gems I am still to find, my search radar is kept on!


Did you find such an unexpectedly good drama? Let me know in the comments down below.





 

 

 

 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Unexpectedly Good K-Dramas

Unexpectedly Good K-Dramas Some dramas I have started as they were starring my favorite actors/actress, some I started to interesting stor...