Recipe Post

January 05, 2020



Happy New Year! With the New Year the 10th topic has also arrived. (Credit: https://www.lostgenygirl.com/100-lifestyle-blog-post-ideas/ ). Let’s talk about food today!


Recipe Post


Eating food, watching cooking shows, following easy recipes, trying out new cuisines and restaurants anything related to food I am all for it. In case of making food, I do it occasionally and only know the recipes to some of my favorite dishes, most of which are easy to make.


(Vegetable Soup with Brown Bread on the Side)


Today’s recipe is also a very easy one and takes only 20mins; it’s vegetable soup. Originally chicken soup was made by my sister on a day when I was down with cough and cold and didn’t have any appetite following this recipe on the internet (Credit: https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/chicken-soup/), they also have a vegetable soup recipe (Credit: https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/vegetable-soup/).

Mine is the easier version of the vegetable soup that I make quite often on cold days, rainy days, when I my extremely hungry in the evening or when I don’t feel like having a heavy dinner.

It’s easy to follow, let’s get the ingredients; (Recipe for two)

Ingredients:

  • 1 big Potato (cubed roughly) (My must have)
  • 1 big Onion (cubed roughly)
  • Half a Carrot (cubed in small pieces)
  • 3-4 Beans (diced)
  • 4-5 small pieces of Ginger
  • 600ml of water (roughly)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Cooking Oil
  • Corn flour Slurry (optional)
  • Any other vegetable can be also added.


Recipe:

  • In a pot add little bit of oil and add ginger, onion and beans, sauté slightly for 30-40Sec.
  • Add in all the carrots and potatoes, pour 500 ml of water and close the pot lid. Let it boil in high heat for 15 mins.
  • After 15 mins, pour the rest of the water. Also add Salt and Pepper to taste.
  • Close the lid and boil for 5 mins.
  • Serve it hot. (I like having mine with Toasted Bread on the side)
  • (Optional) For thicker soup, in a bowl mix one tablespoon of corn flour with water (no lumps should be formed) and add it after the last step, mix well and let it sit for 1-2 mins with the heat turned off. 

Happy Eating Everyone!

Wishing all the Happiness for the New Year!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Unexpectedly Good K-Dramas

Unexpectedly Good K-Dramas Some dramas I have started as they were starring my favorite actors/actress, some I started to interesting stor...